Minggu, 23 Februari 2020

LOVE STORY IN BATIK


 Hello Blog Readers,
      We meet again this moment. I hope you are always happy to read my blog. I am still telling about Batik, but I want to tell some most popular batik motives and their meaning in Indonesia. Batik is part of Indonesia heritage culture. The commemoration of this batik day begins with the determination of batik as a world cultural heritage by UNESCO. There are many kinds of Indonesia Batik because every region has differences motives and characteristics.However, there are some most popular batiks, and every motive has a special meaning. Let us recognize batik motives and its meaning

 :  PARANG BATIK MOTIVE

Parang motives is the oldest motive originally from Javanese that has a meaning not easy to give up, the motives like waves on the sea which describes the waves that never stop moving like an unyielding spirit. Long time ago, did all society not allow to wear it. It was for high level and nobleman person.







 TRUNTUM BATIK MOTIVE

Truntum motives look like a star which tells story about the King Pakubuwono III. He has made the queen, Berukwas sad because he wanted to marry with another womanjust to get descendant. With her sadness, Queen Beruk went to be meditated and then she looked at a star. Suddenly, she was painting truntum with full of patience,which then the King Pakubuwono III canceled his intention to get married again. This motive describes the sincerity of unconditional love in Javanese, which is then called TUMARUNTUM.

  MEGA MENDUNG BATIK MOTIVES

Mega Mendungis the famous from Cirebon Region. Mega means cloud, and Mega mendung means dark cloud. According to the name and its shape, it resembles like a cloud that rolls up with color gradations. The meaning of the motives is about patience in facing problems.









  KAWUNG BATIK MOTIVES

One kind of these motives has a circular pattern like a Kawung fruit or type of coconut or is considered as sugar palm fruit which is arranged neatly and geometrically. The meaning of this motive is a desire and hard work that will produce result and describe hope that humans will always remember their origins.












  SEKAR JAGAT BATIK MOTIVES

SekarJagad is an inland batik motive original from Solo and Jogjakarta. The meaning of this motive is map of the world“ KAR “ in the word Sekar coming from the Dutch which means map. This shape describes about kindness, and is usually used the smart people or nobleman person.







      But with time that progresses all batik motives in Indonesia can be used by all circles without exceptions. This thing cannot be separated from the development of fashion and also batik itself, so that batik cloth can be increasingly admired by all ages.As I explain before almost every region in Indonesia have characteristic batik motives, a variety of motives will also be influenced by the characteristics and base on in region.

     Similarly batik is derived from the city of jember, East Java with the characteristics of tobacco leaves, orchid flowers, and coffee flowers. I am derived from jember that I want to preserve the batik culture. For me, to make batik cloth not only cloth that is used as covering the body but also cloth that has a very deep meaning of even a piece of batik cloth which we can learn about life and past history. Batik is a painting art on the cloth that is drawn with the pattern and made it special. As beginner, I want to my batik that I have designed a motive which also has a special meaning. There are kinds of batik that I have made and the meaning:
The meaning of the motive I have made at this time is I want to pouring my inspiration because my longing to someone who was far there. A tobacco motive symbolizes the characteristic of Jember, and the bird motive with tail of tobacco leaves means that the bird can deliver my longing by carrying tobacco for him.
 The next motive flower that describes a beauty which I combine with tobbaco leaves and the color orange dominant because the orange is the symbol from his country Nederland, reminds me where he was born and lives now.
 Tulip flower that I have made to me is because tulip is the characteristic from his country which blossoms in May. It is very beautiful as if it would find peace and calmness when looking at a blooming tulip. At that same time and the same month and different years he was  born that is really amazing. when He was born along time ago with the blooming of tulip which were full of beauty. That is all about my past in my silent I always keep the best prayer for hm.
 The next motive still shades of tobacco leaves with flowers are varying and Parang motives. As already described above, Parang motive has the meaning an unyielding spirit not easy to give up and I really like this motive in my opinion to reach success must have an unyielding spirit because we have to be able create the good future and although successful person who has painful story but still keeps going to reach success, andt I don’t ever give up because give up it is not an option then don’t forget to pray as well.

 The meaning of this Rose motive I have made is the meaning because rose is my favorite flower. If Rose flower blooms, it seems so beautiful and tough. So we have to becareful to pluck it. Rose has thorn not because it will be hurt another else but just want to take care itself.





      Okay that is the story about popular batik motives and batik I have designed with a little story my life journey although what I was writing just become memory. Base on me all people have past memory that gives us a lesson we don’t be able to throw out a past because that is part of ourselves. We have to make a peace with ourselves, love the present and excited to build the future.


 Strorysources from : Blog.ruangguru.com and from my story

5 komentar:

  1. Hi! Thanks for this post! I had no idea about the existence of Batik motive! Interestig! We learn something new every day haha!
    I wish you good luck with your writing! Keep on doing good work! :)
    Patrycja, from www.thewaytomore.nl

    BalasHapus
    Balasan
    1. Thank you patrycya ...you have respond and interesting about batik , hope I can meet when I visit holand so I will give you my batik design 🙏

      Hapus
  2. Hey, thankyou for sharing this. I am not from Indonesia bit I loved to learn about the Batik motives and the meaningful messages that are hidden inside all of them, loads of love from Kashmir ♥️

    BalasHapus