Rabu, 03 Maret 2021

CORONAVIRUS BATIK MOTIF 

 Currently , the world is still faigthing against COVID 19, virus. we must keep our health protocols, such as keeping our distance,,washing our hands and using masks to protect ourselves and fellow. Covid 19 virus has changing everything because to avoid corona virus we do more activities at home , even there are many people lose their job and livelihood .

 Maybe we all feel not comfortable with new rule must be work from home and stay at home for 24 hours.Including me at the first time I was stressed how through it and still getting income, life is unpredicted tha why we need to have an unlimited mindset to keep doing an innovation in order to continue developing ourselves. But don’t feel anxiety keep positive thinking and do benefically things for ourself and other person. As newbie batik designer Im trying to make design with the title “ CORONA VIRUS “ ya covid 19 that’s my design title at that moment. I realize my design not as good as professional designer and what I write not really perfect like professional writer as well. But this is the result of my thought advantures until finally I find inspiration that fits the current situation. Because piece of batik cloth not only cloth to covering body but piece of batik cloth has a meaning and philosophy about life, as I explained in my previous blog batik are the art of drawing on cloth and part of Indonesia culture heritage.

 Bellow I explain little bit about batik I have designed 

The basic color of the batik that I have designed is blue navy , there is coronavirus motif with red color and tobacco leaves then there is white line that resembles the sekar jagad batik motif ( sekar jagad is like a map ). In my design Im describing how coronavirus spread all over the worlds, which is already demage global economi in the world, incuding my country Indonesia and esspecially my city “ JEMBER “ East Java. Tobacco leaves is symbol where I live that is Jember. The method I use is the REMASOL method, the easiet method to making batik and spend time around 10 to 15 days .

 I also included a video on how to draw in fabric using canting

1. This is the final process

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2. The second process I show you how to drawing on fabric using canting and hot wax ( canting is special tool      for batik )

 
 
   
  3. The third process is coloring where I use synthetic method ( colet )
 
 4. The next process dried and dipped waterglass , then dried again , after that wash it using mixed          hot water , tapioca flour,detergent , and waterglass sufficiently.
 
 That is a little description of my activities during the covid 19 pandemic .I can improve my skill that were previously just hobbies. In the this situation , covid 19 pandemic we can reconciled with circumtance,which gives us so many important lessons and evaluations about life. We can be closer to the family,we can upgrade our skill, we can take better care of ourself, trying use time beneficialy in the crisis situation, put your trust in God because everything happen is written in God hand , I hope everything return to normal.
 Okay that is a little story about batik design that I have made, lets us love unsentral cultural heritage by wearing batik as a symbol of the nation’s identity. 
 
 
 
Sorry if there is something wrong about  the sentence  that I have writing 
 
The source of the story from myself 

4 komentar:

  1. What a unique design! Keep up the good work, Miss. You can visit my blog on https://penandpiano.wordpress.com/ for my stories, too.

    BalasHapus
  2. They look beautiful, Ms. Acha. Way to go!

    BalasHapus